Re: [OM] - OT - back to cars and commuting

Subject: Re: [OM] - OT - back to cars and commuting
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 23:16:18 -0600
On 5 Sep 2000, at 2:07, Volkhart Baumgaertner wrote:

> I live in Germany - it's not really _that_ small. From Garmisch to
> Flensburg, which are practically the southern and northern border towns,
> it's about 1000 km (625 miles), in east-western direction it's about 380 km
> (237 miles) wide at the narrowest point and 690 km (430 miles) at the
> widest.

Here in Canada, that's 'bout your average trip (one way) to the grocery
store for milk and bread!  <G>

Seriously, though, having never been to Europe I've always been under
the impression that a 500 mile trip would take one through several
countries.  Thanks, Volkhart, for dispelling that myth!

Chris