Re: [OM] Lens Cross Section Diagrams added to eSIF

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens Cross Section Diagrams added to eSIF
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 22:33:46 +0200
: WOW,  Congratulation,
: Where did you get all these informations, especially the consistend
: Pictures and lens cuts? - I collect these Informations two, but never
: achieved such a complete picture of them.

My main sources are the Sales Information File and the OM System Lens
Handbook.

: What is the next step?
: History of changed lens designs?
: Test results of the lenses?
: ....?

I've created a new INDEX page that's linked to the main page, and which can
serve as an alternative for accessing the various unit pages:

http://members.xoom.com/_XMCM/veluwen/om-sif/mainindex.htm

This page shows what I'm currently working on. Together with Mark Dapoz I'm
trying to scan and publish as many manuals and instruction sheets as
possible. Not with the purpose to make Greg Heier's 'Unofficial Olympus
Documentation Archive' obsolete, but to create an alternative mirror for
these files.

A future project might be a PEN F Page similar to the iS/L Page.

: Great site. the only problem I have, is that it is nearly
: unacessable. On average I need three attemps for each
: file. I` glad  my PC keeps a local copy of each sucessful dowloaded
: file.

Yes, sometimes X**m can be a drag. If these problems remain I might even
consider buying my own domain and host it on a fast space server. How does
http://www.esif.com sound?

Xoom has one advantage, though: no apparent disk space limits. I have no
problem adding 80 files of 1Mb to my portfolio, or adding a dozen of 5Mb
.pdf's to the eSIF. When we're done with all the manuals we can get, the
eSIF will probably have grown from its original size of 10Mb to 200Mb ;)

Oh and another advantage of the mirror on Xoom is that the eSIF will even
remain alive after I'm gone...

Btw, I've deleted the mirror on RedRival. This was really hopeless! Since my
su*bscription in April I only succeeded in exactly one FTP session, which I
used for the full upload. Since then it has been inaccessable.

hnz