RE: [OM] - OT - back to cars and commuting

Subject: RE: [OM] - OT - back to cars and commuting
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 22:50:38 -0600
Up here in Alberta, the cops and judges have this silly idea that those
speed limit signs are the *maximum* you should go, but everyone else
considers them to be a "guideline" or "starting point."

The highway between Edmonton and Calgary is supposed to be 110
km/h (Don't get excited!  That's around 65mph for you Yanks!).  I usually
do it at about 115 km/h (the cops don't seem to get interested until
you're over 120 km/h), and I've been passed by vehicles pulling trailers
(!!!) that *must* be doing at least 130 or above!!!

Hell!  Last time I made that trip a rusted old VW bus (circa 1970's)
blasted past me at about 125-130 km/h.  Didn't know they'd *go* that
fast (*mine* never did!)!!!  Must've had an extra hamster or two back
there on the drive belt!!!  <G>

Regards,

Chris