Re: [OM] Will I ever learn?

Subject: Re: [OM] Will I ever learn?
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 12:10:01 -0700 (PDT)
Dirk chastized:
> Uh, yeah, bad move dude...so much for future
> raises....<g>

My wife also pointed out that it is bad karma to turn
your boss down too.  Rock...hard place...rock...hard
place...

> Does she want B&W pictures. People are funny like
> that...

Not a problem.  I'll be shooting both ways anyway.

> >I may use the IS-3 for this wedding...

> Uh, remember the gear is there to impress the client
> and not necessarily to
> take better pictures. Bring your good stuff. All of
> it.

True, but the IS-3 is a pretty impressive looking
camera.  I can pretent that it is a Contax 645AF.  You
are right, I might just as well stick with my OM-2S,
winder, Tokina ATX 35-70 zoom and vivitar flash on
angle bracket.  Who cares about the 35-180 zoom, fast
autofocus, motordrive, fill flash, faster sync, double
exposure mode, distance-based flash power, auto film
grip, spot meter, matrix metering... shall I go on?

For the serious portraiture work I'll have a slaved
studio strobe blasting into an umbrella anyway.

Ken Norton