[OM] Q: shipping a 350mm/2.8 from australia to the u.s.

Subject: [OM] Q: shipping a 350mm/2.8 from australia to the u.s.
From: "james olson" <james_olson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 21:03:03 GMT
I am currently talking with a guy in Australia about a 350mm/2.8 he has for sale. I understand there is a fellow from Germany doing the same. So maybe answers to my questions would benefit both of us if he is a list member....

So: 1) the price of the lens is good, but it is obviously a long, long way away. Does anyone have an idea how expensive shipping would be? Is there a Cargo rate that is possible? Or where could I go on the internet for an idea of what the cost would be?

2) The seller recommended seeing if there was anyone from the U.S. in Australia that is going to be coming back here (the U.S.) soon that could carry it on. I don't know anyone in Australia, but is there anyone on the list travelling in Australia, or does anyone know anybody there that will be coming to the Unites States?

It's complicated, but I'm trying to figure out a way to make it work. So any ideas would be appreciated.

Two list members have already helped me within Australia, which has been a great help. Thanks again you two!

Bantering on, James.