Re: [OM] Need help from UK

Subject: Re: [OM] Need help from UK
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 15:33:18 -0600
On 6 Sep 2000, at 22:31, Wiliam Wagenaar wrote:

> Sorry to reply this late but, I have had the same problem quite a few
> times myself. Until now I have allways shipped cash! (when it was not
> possible to pay by credit card.)

No thanks!!!!  While 99.9999 percent of all postal workers are honest
(it's true, but also in case any list members are posties...  <G>), that's
just not a risk I'm willing to take!  Especially since the cost of a money
order isn't all *that* much.

> Paypal cannot be used without a US address yet.

Yeah, I know.  Every OTHER e-business site on the planet seems to be
able to deal with non-US credit card transactions, but apparently not
Paypal!  Go figure!  (See what ya did?!?!  Got me to ranting 'bout Paypal
again!  Tsk!  Tsk!)  <G>  I keep hearing that they're "working on it" and
it'll be "one of these days soon" but, of course, "soon" never seems to
come.  <SIGH!!!>

> but f course as allways YMMV.

Like investing, where I *always* seem to buy high and sell low, with MY
luck the money would disappear somewhere in'tween.  Glad *you*
haven't had problems, though.

Btw, whenever I sell something on e-Bay, I accept payment in the
buyer's currency.  All of my sales so far have been to Canadians (no
exchange involved) or Yankees (they pay in US funds), and the amounts
aren't significant so it's NBD (no big deal) for me to deal with the
exchange when I make the deposit.  Just a courtesy that makes things
go a little smoother, IMHO.

Regards,

Chris