[OM] Back to Olympus Content

Subject: [OM] Back to Olympus Content
From: "Franklin A. Berryman" <rumford@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 18:52:58 -0500
I "borrowed" my father's OM-1 which has probably been sitting in his closet for
15 years.  The body still works great, but the 50mm f1.8 lens has sticky
diaphragm blades - I assume because they have become oily.  Obviously, it can be
replaced cheaply so it seems like the perfect lens to take apart and try to
clean.  I've managed to get the back off, but now I'm stymied.  How do I get the
rear elements out so I can get to the blades.  Buying tools that cost more than
replacement lens isn't what I have in mind, so the inexpensive solution is what
I'm looking for.  Thanks.