Re: [OM] Will I ever learn?

Subject: Re: [OM] Will I ever learn?
From: "Charles Geilfuss" <cgeilfuss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2000 00:48:51 GMT
And they would be right! It's my impression that all the OM single digit cameras were considered "Professional" cameras.

Charlie Geilfuss

From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 15:45:13 -0600

At 01:30 PM 9/7/2000 -0700, Ken Norton expostulated:

[snip]

>These days with P&S cameras everywhere and worthless
>digital gizmogobs that only have a 2-meter flash range
>if you show up with anything SLR that has knobs you
>are a pro.

I experienced this first-hand last year while shooting scenics in the Okanagan (hic!) Valley in British Columbia with my OM-4 (not even the 4T or Ti!) using a Manfrotto/[Bogen] tripod. Everyone who saw me asked if I was a professional doing some kind of a project for a client. I would say "No." They'd look puzzled, and would then say, "But you've got all this professional camera gear!"

Garth