Re: [OM] TTL metering with an OM2n

Subject: Re: [OM] TTL metering with an OM2n
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 22:13:16 +0200
On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 11:04:45AM -0700, John Hudson wrote:

A careful observation!

Yes, this is normal experience with every SLR which is metering TTL on the
focusing sreen. Including OM-1(n) and OM-2(n). Other brands are even more
sensitive to light leaking.
Modern SLR-Camera`s (like OM 2s..OM4..) meter trough a semipermeable
mirror to avoid light leaking trouble.
The OM-2 is only affected in manual mode. In auto mode, only the preview
metering is affected with light leaking. For the exposure in auto mode the ADM
is
taking a more accurate metering when the mirror is moved up, and block
the viewfinder light.

Light leaking is most troublesome when your`e shooting/metering a dark subject
with a
bright light source in your back. There is also an influence of the speed of
the lens.

It is sad, but the great OM viewfinder is not perfect to use with eyeglasses,
I tried a modified Hama eye cup but never use it, with glasses it is even more
inconvenient.

Frieder Faig