Re: Pics in Parks - Re: [OM] Will I ever learn?

Subject: Re: Pics in Parks - Re: [OM] Will I ever learn?
From: Brian Halbrook <bhalbroo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 17:33:18 -0400
At 2:51 PM +0000 9/8/00, Dirk Wright wrote:
Yes, you can , but you need a permit.

Permits to shoot photos in parks? I don't think so. What would be the logic behind that? I could see that you would need a permit to SELL product inside Park boundaries, but to shoot? Now if you were setting up some kind of model cover shoot with lights, trucks and personnel that would impact the environment or other visitors that would be a different matter and most likely require a permit. But to just shoot images for your own professional portfolio, I would doubt a permit is required. If there is, I've been breaking the rules in the past... and will probably continue to in the future.