Re: [OM] Olympus IS-3000

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus IS-3000
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 21:58:30 GMT
Welcome, Bernard, and excellent choice. Check this site for more details than you can absorb in one sitting (courtesy of OM listfolk Hans VV, who's accumulated perhaps the most comprehensive info available anywhere on the web):

http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/veluwen/om-sif/is-series/is-series.htm

The main advantage to the iS-3000 over the U.S. version iS-3 is that yours can flash-sync above 1/100 with the optional G40 flash (the *only* accessory unit that will work with the iS-series due to the propriety shoe design).

There also are telephoto and wide angle adaptors that fit in the front filter thread mount. But you may never feel a need for 'em. I occasionally borrow my mom's iS-2 and it feels perfect as-is. Everything I'd want in an AF SLR is already there.

Lex
===