Re: [OM] On the Road Again

Subject: Re: [OM] On the Road Again
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 08:37:10 +1100
Garth wrote
>[snip]

>By the way, I liked the two images you submitted to the Gallery --
>particularly "Doug the Gardener."

Thanks Garth - I was quite pleased as these images were from my first real
roll past the 21mm. Love the distortion. Doug is the school gardener and
just mad enough to look amused with the lens brushing his nostril hairs.
Personally, I think 21mm is a great length - had an antique non-retro
Nikkor of that length years ago, sold it when strapped for cash (as it was
worth a fortune to collectors) and I always regretted the loss. Picked up
the 3.5 for around $110 US (a bargain, no?) and and added some items to
build a system. One day, I may save enough for the f2 version!
I don't have the original hood but found a suitable one in a dealers junk
box which 'only just' doesn't vignette. I'd like to use a polariser
occasionally and, taking a lead from the 18mm lens hood (i.e. a step up
ring) I figured that a 49-62 step up ring and standard polariser should be
OK. Anyone out there solved this problem?
Regards
Andrew