Re: [OM] On the Road Again

Subject: Re: [OM] On the Road Again
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 02:10:17 EDT
In a message dated 9/10/00 10:32:34 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Personally, I think 21mm is a great length - had an antique non-retro
>  Nikkor of that length years ago, sold it when strapped for cash (as it was
>  worth a fortune to collectors) and I always regretted the loss.
Was this for the rangefinder Nikon? A lens caps sold on eBay for a few
thousand US$ a while back.

Picked up
>  the 3.5 for around $110 US (a bargain, no?) and and added some items to
>  build a system. One day, I may save enough for the f2 version!
That's a great bargain. This is my favorite landscape lens.

>  I don't have the original hood but found a suitable one in a dealers junk
>  box which 'only just' doesn't vignette. I'd like to use a polariser
>  occasionally and, taking a lead from the 18mm lens hood (i.e. a step up
>  ring) I figured that a 49-62 step up ring and standard polariser should be
>  OK. Anyone out there solved this problem?
I have the original hood but it's sort of an unsubstantial thing.  A hat does
a better job I think. The step up ring trick should work.

>  Regards
>  Andrew

Warren
-wiping that curry eating grin off my chin