[OM] For Sale: Misc. OM equipment

Subject: [OM] For Sale: Misc. OM equipment
From: "james olson" <james_olson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 15:49:50 GMT
Good morning, everyone out there. As I look into my camera case, there are too many choices, and I spend too much time thinking about what I could take pictures with. So I am going to sell, and simplify things. As I have done a fair ammount of travelling with my equipment, it shows some wear, but I will do my best to describe. Anyone interested: you can have 10 days to check out anything you are interested in. If you are not happy, send it back!

So here goes:

Olympus 24mm f/2. MC. Silver nose, however. The aperture ring and lens barrel show wear, I'd guess an 8 or 8+. (Again, I'm estimating.) The front lettering was blackened in by a previous owner, but all the information is still quite visible. There is some brassing where the lens meets the body. When looking through the lens, slight dust particles and very slight haze is evident. But no black specks, and the lens is very clear, but not perfect. I have owned the lens since 1991. Both caps, and an Olympus front filter. $160

Olympus 28mm f/3.5. SC. Silver nose. Both caps, Tamron front filter, Olympus lens case. The lens is quite clean, slight brassing where the lens meets the body, but slight.... The aperture ring and body show a tiny bit of wear. (Tiny.) There are a few tiny scratches on the front coating, otherwise a very clean lens. $40

Olympus 35mm f/2. MC. Silver nose, too. Cleaner than the 24/2, but a little wear on the body and aperture ring as well. The glass is very clear, with the normal few specks inside, again not black paint. I would rate this lens as 8.5 to 9. No scratches in the coating or glass.
Both caps and an Olympus front filter.  $ 150.

Olympus 50mm f/1.4. MC. Black nose! 9+. I bought the lens while in Nepal, I'm not sure why.... I just can't use this lens over the 50/3.5 macro. The lens is very, very clean. I looked over about 20 samples, and I thought this one was the best. Olympus front filter, both caps. $55.

Olympus 5 meter TTL flash cord. Slight brassing. Just kidding, it's plastic. I've never used it, I'm not into flash. It's clean, no coating marks. Aperture ring clear. $30

Olympus Pen FT with 38mm/1.8. Lens cap. 1/2 of the body case. I'll try to explain this one clearly.It's missing the self timer lever, the film counter is jammed, but the handyman could get it going. The top plate is dented under the flash mount, and over by the frame counter. But the dents do not show. All shutter speeds work, the meter is good, and the camera works fine. A wonderful user, and it actually looks about perfect, but some things don't work. So, due to the above problems: $65 Again, and excellent camera to shoot with. Oh, and it has the accessory flash bracket, too.

Hoya 55mm Polarizer.  Filter case.  Clean glass.  $7

Cokin 49mm P series lens adapter.  Free with a lens!

Vivitar 49mm lens metal hood.  Free with a lens!

Old metal screw on filter protectors. The old style that you can screw onto eith side of a filter to protect it. Or, use it as a lens cap. Free with a lens!

49-52 step up ring.  Free with a lens!

B & W 52mm polarizer. 49 - 52 step up ring. Slight marks on front glass. Works great with 50mm and up Olympus lenses. $5.

Canon 6 filter folding fabric filter pouch.  Green.  $5

Canon AL-1 camera body with FD 50mm 1.8 lens. Clean and clear. Works good. $75

If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me. I'm trying to be as honest as I can with everything. If I seem too high on anything, you can make me an offer.

I am loking for a Leica M 50mm/2 lens.
Also, an Olympus 40mm/2 in user condition.
I have some other OM equipment for possible trades on the above items.
james.