[OM] Re: wide-angling

Subject: [OM] Re: wide-angling
From: brianam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (brian AM)
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 21:39:26 -0700 (PDT)
suggestions for helping me spend money? -- err, i mean expand my Oly lens
options ?
I'm shopping for a wideangle to add to my carry kit , and could use some help
deciding which one(s) y'all would deem money best spent.
My current "wide" is a 35/2.8 .

i had been browsing for a 21/3.5 because i thought to myself, "what other SLR
camera system will let me have a super-wide 21mm lens using a 49mm filter
ring?! genius!"    But i hear so often that 24mm seems to be the most 'usable'.

do you think that a street & travel setup with 21mm/ 50mm /100mm  is best, or
should i stick to a 24/2.8 for the wide-end?
would it be worth the bother (& $$) to have another lens in between ? (eg./ 21
+ 28mm ) ?

i know these are subjective questions, but by & large we all seem to have
common goals with our Oly equip here:  a lightweight , fast carrying SLR
system.

thanks,
-brian m.
 SF, CA
who is tempted frequently to stray to the camp of rangefinder street shooters,
but OM's are hard to beat.