[OM] Black flakes, again

Subject: [OM] Black flakes, again
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 10:46:02 -0500
Just curious.  I know the answer is 'try it', but...

I just got a 'new to me', 21/2.  The exterior and the glass surfaces are
perfect, but.. (that but keeps coming back in), there are a large number of
black flakes in the lens.  I mean a LOT.  On a 21/2, what's the general
opinion on how this will affect the pics? My thinking is that with this wide
a lens, it might be ok.

In a related question, what's the consensus on the CLA cost for something
like this?

Of all the stuff I've received from Norway, this is the only real 'problem',
and I'm hoping it isn't that big a deal.

Tom