Re: [OM] Re: wide-angling

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: wide-angling
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 14:20:27 -0400
I've used many wide angles, and prefer the 24mm for "general" wide angle stuff like grab shots at parties, etc. The 35 is kind of like a pseudo-normal lens and the 28 just never seems to be wide enough. Not much light fall off in a 24 vs a 21. And flashes are easier to use.

My 21mm gets more use when I want the real "WA look". But it also needs a bit of care to avoid distortions. I've been shooting with my 16/3.5 fisheye as of late and unwarping the results. You'd be surprised at the pictures. (URL's to follow when I get a gallery done.)

Anybody used the 18mm Zuiko regularly?

As an aside, I've been shooting with a 14mm Voigtlander rectilinear lens on a Leica that is really nice. Now THAT'S a w-i-d-e angle lens. The pictures are surprisingly nice. It's superb for street shooting. You just have to get pretty close to your subject. Once again, stay tuned for images.

As another aside, Voigtlander is introducing a 12mm lens soon. WOW! I don't know what I'd do with it though. You have to be as careful with that lens as with a 16mm fisheye to avoid getting your fingers and feed in the picture.

Skip