[OM] Zuiko 24/2.8 v.s. 28/2.8 (Follow-up)

Subject: [OM] Zuiko 24/2.8 v.s. 28/2.8 (Follow-up)
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 20:59:46 -0600
[Note to Garth Wood:  Since you live here in Edmonton, and small
voices in your head keep telling you to kill anyone who gets a "steal" on
Oly/Zuiko stuff, please DON'T read this message!]  <G>

A couple of weeks ago, I posted an inquiry about how the Zuiko 24/2.8
compares with the 28/2.8 lens.  At the time, I was discussing a swap
with my favorite local used camera place...  my 28/2.8 and CDN$50
(around US$35) for his 24/2.8.  I noted that my quickly-done test roll
appeared to show the 24/2.8 to be a little "softer" than the 28/2.8
although not overly so.

The "consensus" from the responses at the time seemed to be that
both lenses have their purposes, and that the proposed swap was a
good deal, so I *might* want to consider keeping the 28 and getting the
24 through some other means than a swap.

Well, today I was in said camera place and managed to work out a
*great* deal for the 24/2.8 *without* having to sacrifice my 28/2.8 lens!  If
ya wanna know the final "deal", e-mail me off list...  don't wanna risk
inciting Garth's "little voices" again!  <G>

Anyway, thanks (again!) to everyone who offered comments and advice,
and to those who validated my rampant ZuikoHOBBYism by reminding
me that I really DO need BOTH lenses!  <G>

Regards,

Chris

---
Chris O'Neill (coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx)