[OM] RE: OM Bags

Subject: [OM] RE: OM Bags
From: Wm Biesele <biesele@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 21:37:35 -0600
Lex Jenkins wrote
>"Last night I finally got around to making partitions for the large softsided
>cooler I bought for five bucks last year.  The sheet of closed cell foam
>(for cushioning sleeping bags) cost more - about eight bucks.

>It looks sloppy right now but I'll see today how it functions.

What I use for camera bags/cases started the same way. I found a product from
Outdoor
Research (http://www.orgear.com) which they call 'padded cells' (
http://www.orgear.com/backpacking/padded_cells.htm
 or follow backpacking link from above.) I cut the foam to fit the inside of
the cells
to house bodies, flashes, and/or lenses in the cells. A body and a 50mm lens or
flash is
a good fit in the blue cells for example (each size is a different color). The
cells fit
into collapsible coolers or generic backpacks. Four of he blue cells stand
upright in
the smaller coolers I use or six stand upright with room to spare in the larger
coolers.