RE: [OM] Will I ever learn?

Subject: RE: [OM] Will I ever learn?
From: "Simon E" <ruralwales@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 07:54:55 GMT
They always say the worst comment to receive when they see your >photographs is "Wow - they're good - you must have a very expensive >camera!".

At the risk of repeating myself, I have to admit to being impressed by some b&w prints I saw recently, taken on a zone-focus program mode XA3. "Sharp" is an understatement. I'm now trying to get hold of a nice condition original Olympus Trip to see what can be done with one, while the old Werra with which I learnt to use a handheld meter while guessing focus distance (no RF) has been brought down from my parents' attic.

Using cameras such as these frees up the mind for creativity, rather than limiting it IMHO.

Simon E.