Re: [OM] Black flakes, again

Subject: Re: [OM] Black flakes, again
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 08:49:12 +0000
> Most lens cleaning liquid leave residual, 75 0sopropyl alcohol is
>no exception, I use it for the first cleaning and then do the final cleaning
>with moisture from the mouth.

AFAIK, that's an excellent way to slowly ruin the coatings. "mouth breath" is
loaded with bacteria and enzymes.....

>Finally you need to remove the dust left by
>the cleaning tissue and fall from the atmosphere, total removal of dust
>seems impossible.

The key to keeping dust from clinging is to increase the humidity in the room
to above 50%. This will kill all static electricity which is what makes the
stuff stick. This is also the key to working on static sensitive electronics.

--
Be Seeing You.
Dirk Wright