Re: [OM] CCD chips

Subject: Re: [OM] CCD chips
From: M Jennings <mrjlmj@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 17:31:41 -0400
I'm not one to join in this conversation too often, but I have the article here
in front of me.  Taken from the New York Times, it states that a camera
containing this new chip was given to a professional photographer in L.A. to
make a test portrait of a cowboy.  In that image, no pixels or dots were
visible to the human eye when enlarged to a size of 8 feet by 4 feet.  The
article goes on to say that this chip is the first to  threaten 4x5 cameras
such as Hasselblad.  The article goes into tremendous detail of how this new
chip will have an enormous impact on other electronic devices as well.  Kodak
has developed a similar though more expensive chip with the same resolution.
Kodak's announcement came out two weeks ago.

As we all know, but are afraid to admit, its just a matter of time.

Mark Jennings