Re: [OM] lense info request

Subject: Re: [OM] lense info request
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 00:32:46 GMT
Here's the only shot I've uploaded so far from the Vivitar T-mount 300/5.6 preset. Technically it's non-OM since I used a Canon T70. I have another roll shot with the OM-1 but forgot to have it processed the other day.

http://gallery.consumerreview.com/photography/photo_critique/pictures/fuzzydock1.jpg

I was after a dark, moody twilight look here, so it's not a very good demonstration of whatever resolution this lens may be capable of. The bokeh ain't great, but I've seen worse.

I think the main reason I'm dissatisfied with the other shots from this roll is because I was trying to pan with the meanderings of some shore birds one evening this past weekend. Even with 800 film and a tripod, there was enough movement to ruin the shots.

Most of the pix taken with the same lens mounted on the OM-1 were daytime shots, so it'll be an interesting comparison. Especially since I photographed the same subject matter using Zuikos and a Vivitar Series 1 zoom.

While the Spiratone/Cambron/etc. 400/6.3 and 500/8 presets might not be stellar performers, they're generally regarded as far superior to mirror lenses at the same price range. It takes around $300 or so to buy a good mirror lens - Zuiko, Canon FD, Tamron, Tokina, etc. Altho' I saw a classic Soligor 650/8 C/D catadioptric go for around $175 on eBay this week. Probably the only Soligor ever made worth that kind of money. I'm thinking about e-mailing the winning bidder and bugging him to upload some pix taken with the lens.

Speaking of which, have any listfolk here uploaded some photos taken with the Zuiko mirror lens that we can see?

Lex
===