Re: [OM] Zuiko 180/2.8 Test with UV filter

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 180/2.8 Test with UV filter
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 23:23:21 +0200
On Wed, Sep 13, 2000 at 08:23:10AM +0800, C.H.Ling wrote:
> The bright water spots was already highly overexposed. I'm very happy that
> stop down the lens can lead to such improvement. Besides the chromatic
> aberration the 180/2.8 is a great lens. I have some portraits shot that
> people just thought they are come from medium format camera. The resolution
> of this lens is also very high, excellent for landscape. Most of my other
> shots didn't show this chromatic aberration even wide open, it only appeared
> on the very bright area. Now I think stopping down the lens can virtually
> eliminates this problem.

Yes, I agree bad performance is not appropriate when describing this lens.
The cromatic aberation is only visible in extreme contrast situations. How
many F-stops are between the highlights and the area around.
Four, the film would show, and maybe another 3,4,...
when there are about seven F-stops (1/128`th) that would indicate that it is
less than 10f the light which is 'aberrated'

Every lens design is a compromise, that`s why we use interchangeable lenses.
I´d like to know more about the 'rest-faults' of my Zuiko`s, because that
knowlede
would help me to chose the right lens for a job. Information like this is very
helpful for that.

Frieder Faig