Re: [OM] OM-4 and TTL Cords + Bomb in Jakarta [OT] (long . . . sorry!)

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4 and TTL Cords + Bomb in Jakarta [OT] (long . . . sorry!)
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 21:18:39 -0700 (PDT)
Frank Berryman wrote:
With the help of a list member, I tracked down a T20 connector and TTL
0.6m cord to get my T20 flash off my OM-4.  The cord snaps tightly into
the T20 connector but not tightly into the OM-4.  Am I doing something
wrong, or am I simply supposed to use the little silver S-shaped clip
on the cord to hook the cord around the strap O-ring to prevent it from
pulling out of the camera body. . .
Yes, use the clip. I have the same problem with my OM-2S. I don't think
it's meant to snap into the socket on the camera, which is just a
plastic hole with pins in it.

John Hudson wrote:
I just heard on the news that someone let off a very large firecracker
right outside the stock exchange with the loss of several lives. I
trust
that you and yours and all those around you are unscathed.
Thanks for asking, John. I went past the site yesterday evening, on my
way home from the office, at about 6:30 pm.  By that time it was dark
but part of the road was blocked off and there was a large crowd and
lots of police and emergency vehicles. A major police complex (Komdak)
is right next door to the stock exchange.

I didn't know the reason for the road block at the time but this
morning I saw a street-side vendor carrying a newspaper with a headline
saying: "Pemboman ini Menjijikkan" meaning "This Bombing is
Disgusting". Another paper's headline said that 6 people had been
killed. Putting 2 and 2 together, I guessed that this probably
accounted for the confusion I saw outside the stock exchange last night
but there was no sign of anything unusual outside the place this
morning.

I've seen no news yet but I'll look through Internet sites such as CNN.
One feels in no personal danger in Jakarta, or even in Medan and rural
North Sumatra, where I just spent a few days visiting an oil-palm
plantation. However, there are remote places, such as Aceh, Timor and
Maluku, where there is a great deal of trouble. You can believe what
you see in the media, I'm sure. If anything, things are probably worse
than reported because of the difficulty of getting complete news.

Regards,

Ray