Re: [OM] Photo Catalog Programs

Subject: Re: [OM] Photo Catalog Programs
From: Dr Peter Gilbert <peterg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 11:49:36 +1000
This info just came in from another list I belong to, and thought it may be useful. I haven't used it so can't comment on how good it is.

Is probably Mac only (it is a Mac list!) although it is QuickTime and Web -based so it may be cross-platform.

Might be worth a look. QuickTime can read most popular graphic formats (can't find the list but it is a long one....)

peter

***********

PHOTOCAT
   Version: 3.3
   File size: 2.1MB
   License: Demo ($25)
   Minimum requirements: System 7.5

   PhotoCat is a image cataloguer that can read QuickTime-
   compatible file formats, as well as ART (.art) and EPSF
   (Encapsulated PostScript File) files. With PhotoCat, you can
   create a searchable, Web-based database with many indexing
   and search options that help you find images much more
   efficiently. Another useful feature is its ability to
   distribute catalogs and slide shows using the Apple's own
   QuickTime Player. What's more, this new version includes a
   number of bug fixes and minor enhancements. Photo freedom:

   http://2.digital.cnet.com/cgi-bin2/flo?y=e5r0Fwyj0S0Dag7

   Want to review PhotoCat? Submit your opinion here:
   http://2.digital.cnet.com/cgi-bin2/flo?y=e5r0Fwyj0S0Dah8

   Find all of our latest multimedia and design software here:
   http://2.digital.cnet.com/cgi-bin2/flo?y=e5r0Fwyj0S0gHZ