Re: [OM] Zuiko Date Codes

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko Date Codes
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 11:09:34 +0200
Sure, we are only guessing. Maybe there is only the first letter for the
plant, and Letter 2+3 are year and letter 4 is month? Who knows....

Now I´ve seen that my 200mm/F4 with no Date Code came with a
manual printed in 02/82. I bought it in 1995 ( Pretty cheap for New...)
So it should belabled if they started labeling in 1980 ? - Or
weren`t all lensel labled? questions over questions....

Onother good point for starting labeling would be 1983 when the new
OM-Gerneration started.

On Fri, Sep 15, 2000 at 06:14:16PM -0400, Skip Williams wrote:
> OK, I give.  Why is everyone starting their counting with 1980?  The OM
> line began in 1972 or thereabouts, right?
>
> Skip
>
> At 11:17 PM 9/15/00 +0200, you wrote:
>
> >Your interpretation seems reasonable. It seems I have a ens which
> >was manufactured in another plant.
> >
> >This are the codes on some of my lenses:
> >
> >SAD3    -> 1983/Mar
> >NID7    -> 1983/Jul     This is 40mm/F2.0 #6333, seems possible
> >TND8    -> 1983/Aug
> >SAEA    -> 1984/Okt
> >TNEC    -> 1984/Dec
> >
> >I guess they used 1-9 for Jan-Sept and A-C for Okt-Dez.
> >So If there is a code with more than a C in th last 'digit' this Theory is
> >faulted.
> >
> >When assuming the labeling started with 1980 as year A the following results:
> >
> >A       1980
> >B       81
> >C       82
> >D       83
> >E       84
> >F       1985
> >G       85

uups , we have 1995 twice so need a correction:

G       86
H       87
I       88
J       89