Re: [OM] Re: Did anyone go to the camera show in Fort Worth?

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Did anyone go to the camera show in Fort Worth?
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 10:57:17 GMT
Yeh, I went. Very disappointing OM-wise. Not a single OM or Zuiko goodie worth a second look, unless I missed something. Not even any other-brand OM-mount lenses worth looking at. Heck, it was a disappointing show all 'round for 35mm users. I actually had in mind swapping both my Canon T70 bodies for an iS-3, if one was available. Not. Wound up trading my OM-mount Fat Viv for an FD-mount Vivitar 20/3.8 beast. Already having second thoughts, but Fat Viv was a poor match for my OM-1. Like the song said, "...ain't gonna bump no more with no big fat woman." The OM-1 wants a petite 21/3.5 or 24/2.8, not an overgrown honker.

I also did not find: any TTL flash cords; a proper eyecup; enough Zuiko rear caps that didn't cost five bucks each.

I did find the most worn-out 50/3.5 and 180/2.8 you could imagine. Heaven only knows how a focusing mechanism could be worn 'til it rattled like that.

Found a new, jin-you-wine OM close up diopter lens for seven bucks. Gave it to mom for her iS-2. She's a happy camper.

Lex
===