Re: [OM] 35RC

Subject: Re: [OM] 35RC
From: Scott Nelson <SNelson@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 13:33:27 -0400
I'd suggest John H. for a CLA, a conversion to  silver oxide 1.55 is included.
Other batter options are hearing aid batteries with an adapter ring, Wein cells,
or mercuries from http://buttononline.heha.net/

>>> "Dave Lampert" <yhtlines@xxxxxxxxxxx> 09/17/00 07:18PM >>>
Hope this is the correct list to ask this question....if not, please direct me
in the right direction.   For years I have had a fixed focus XA1, which I love.
However, it is no good for focusing on objects closer than oh...six feet.     So
yesterday, at a garage sale, I grabbed a 35RC for five bucks. Looks to be in
very good condition.

I need information on using it, and also a battery that will work reasonably
well.  An outfit called Cameraquest in Thousand Oaks Calif offers to recalibrate
it for a non mercury battery and do general clean up for $100.  Any thoughts on
them, or this work? Also, reportedly, it should work in a manual mode, with no
battery installed, yet it does not seem to have shutter actuation. Any thoughts?

Thanks for any help, and I hope to enjoy this little camera.
Dave