Re: SV: [OM] Anyone Need Any Diopters

Subject: Re: SV: [OM] Anyone Need Any Diopters
From: "Franklin Berryman" <faberryman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 19:33:16 GMT
To determine the strength of a diopter, if you hold it at an angle you should be able to see a faint marking indicating its strength. If you wear corrective lenses and you don't have an OM-3 or OM-4 series body, you will need a diopter unless the correction you need is -.5, which is built in. So if you use a -1 diopter, the correction is -1.5. If you have an OM-3 or OM-4 series body, it has a built in adjustable diopter correction from + 2 to -3. I you need -4, you need a minimum of a -1 and then set the variable diopter to -3. Personally, I would get the -4 diopter and use the built in diopter to fine tune the correction. That will also give you the flexibility of further correction if your eyes change, as they surely will.

----Original Message Follows----
Hi

I have two diopters, but only one OM body (OM2) without diopter correction. They are definitely - (something), but how can I determine how strong they are? As I understand, you don't need -1 or -2.

Helge