Re: [OM] Re: TTL Auto Cord 0.6m

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: TTL Auto Cord 0.6m
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 16:31:20 -0700
====It appears that the TTL Auto Cord 0.6m will connect a 310 strobe to an
OM2
via shoe 2 for successful TTL Auto Exposure.  Everybody agree?  Does anyone
have an extra cord they will part with?  Let me know off list if you like.
Thanks.

Dave Dougherty====

I have a cord I found in a bin at a camera show that said "for OM"
on the plastic wrap it was in.
It is a curly cord with 2 shoes one at each end.
The camera end had 2 pins in line and a hot output on top.
The flash end is a hot shoe with a 1/4 12 hole for a light stand or tripod.
They can be stacked together on the camera for on camera flash or
seperated for holding the flash away from the camera.
I always thought the 2 pins were for the OM1n.  As I have a OM1 I am not
sure.
Gary Schloss (hello Gary) had seen it and thought it may be for an auto
quick 310
TTL.  It does not seem to align with my shoe 2.  The famous "fix" shoe.
It does if I put the cord on the shoe2 backwards (from the front) but that
just
seems wrong to me.  Shoe 2 has contacts forward and this thing has contacts
rearward.  You would have to attach the flash from the front.
Does anyone have a picture of the auto quick 310 contacts posted so
I could see it?
I use this thing for the T-20 on manual and regular auto.
I would not part with it except for a T20 auto connector (off camera shoe).

It seems like an old item and I have given it some use.  It is made stronger
than any OM shoe I have ever seen and has metal casings.
Printed on it is:
New Ideas Inc.
PO Box 344
Skokie Ill. 60076