Re: [OM] What to buy ??

Subject: Re: [OM] What to buy ??
From: "Paul D. Farrar" <farrar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 21:42:51 -0500
>In a message dated 9/19/00 Skip Williams <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx>
>writes:
>
><< I was playing with a friend's IS-200 this weekend, and I couldn't
>find any
>provision for exposure compensation or manual SS.  This was a bit
>disturbing, at least for me.  It had full auto and various programs
>though. >>

The price differential between the IS-20 (200) and the 30 is so small that I
don't see any point in getting a 20. For about $30 or so, you get exposure
compensation, a slightly more powerful flash, focus tracking in sports mode,
a cap that will shut with a filter on, and high-speed sync in portrait mode.

Paul