Re: [OM] OT - OK, I posted the vette pics, as requested

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - OK, I posted the vette pics, as requested
From: Gregg <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 00:03:39 -0400
Mike,

At 03:15 PM 9/19/2000 -0700, you wrote:
In a message dated 9/19/00 "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:

<<I have to give Porsche credit for this: the 911 is the finest handling
snowmobile I've ever driven.>>

<snip>

Lex, you obviously have not driven an Audi quattro yet. ;-) I have owned
both and can emphatically say that a quattro blows a Porsche away in the
snow, even a Carrera 4. The quattro list (an Audi enthusiast mail list I
frequent at www.audifans.com) has many wonderful sagas every winter
about quattros pulling out stuck snowplows, blowing off SUVs etc. They
really are amazing and the more sporting ones handle really well in the
dry too.

I wonder what they do to make it handle in the snow? Every vehicle that I have ever owned loses the ability to turn when the traction is reduced at the steering wheels. 4X4s just want to go straight, and front wheel drive vehicles seem to only do ok because they also have the engine weight over them.

The times I have seen Quattros race on TV, they seem to have an amazing ability to corner on slippery surfaces. What gives?

Gregg