Re: [OM] front converters (was A-200 teleconverter)

Subject: Re: [OM] front converters (was A-200 teleconverter)
From: Dr Peter Gilbert <peterg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 13:38:39 +1000
I picked up a mint used Nikon 6T closeup lens recently for use on my Canon DV camcorder and it is brilliant. Can get full frame closeups (say 1cm x 1cm) with good working distance of 10-15cm or so. Lower mags at even more working distance.

Downside of the Nikon closeup lenses however is the filter sizes are only 52 and 62mm.

I want to try the 6T with a 55-62mm step-up adaptor on my Zuiko 65-200 zoom in the next week or so (ala John Shaw). It is spring down here at the moment and the flowers are all in bloom.

Oh - in case any of you were worried - I've warned my OM bodies and Zuikos not to fraternise with the Canon and Nikon gear. They might pick up some nasty habits !!!

peter

 >> I think it has to do with whether your teleconverter goes in front of the
 lens or behind it.  ;-)

I was intersted by this discussion given Oly's revival of the
'supplementary' or 'auxilliary' lens for the IS models.

snip