Re: [OM] OT - OK, I posted the vette pics, as requested

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - OK, I posted the vette pics, as requested
From: rdk@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 11:08:20 +0200

>In a message dated 9/20/00 9:30:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
>I believe the Audi TT comes in both quattro and non-quattro versions. It is
>based on the VW Golf platform. I like the looks of it very much. I haven't
>seen a picture of one of these airborne however.....<g>

I am not sure about the Golf, but I know the basic platform is the same as the
'new' VW Beetle.
No one has mentioned that the early TT's had a nasty tendency, at least in
Germany, to go flying off the road.
This was solved by installing electronic suspension control in the newer TT's; I
believe that Audi was forced to retrofit the old TT's. The same sort of problem
occurred with Mercedes A-series, that failed the famous 'Moose avoidance' test.
I must admit that, as an OM-1 enthusiast, I would not feel happy trusting my
roadholding to electronics......

Regards, Roger Key (ex-Morgan +4 and Porsche owner).