Re: [OM] Batteries, batteries, batteries

Subject: Re: [OM] Batteries, batteries, batteries
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 21:15:06 +1100
RobBurn wrote
>Silly, paranoid habit? Nope. My brief stint as a south Georgia street cop
>taught me that there is a parallel civilization of *not nice* people which
>coexists with the *nice* people and which--fortunately--nice people only
>occasionally run into, sometimes only once in a lifetime. (Nice people like
>to pretend they're not out there.)

Funny - I caught a short burst of Oprah the other day in passing and she
was interviewing some guy about safe tourism - given the tendency for
hijaking and kidnapping in places like the Phillipines. Never once
mentioned South Georgia or any other place in the States strange blindness.
Why do you guys choose to live in such a dangerous place and deal with it
by making it more dangerous?
Andrew