[OM] Adaptall 2 and OM2SP

Subject: [OM] Adaptall 2 and OM2SP
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 09:17:36 -0700
Adaptall2 lense mounts have an aperature coupling tab (that couples the
lens aperature ring to the camera's aperature sensing lever or
whatever...depending on camera brand/design) on the outside of the
mount. Look for a little tab that fits an indent in the lens...would fit
an aperature ring indent if the lens had one but having never seen the
SP500 mirror lens I'm only assuming there would be a fixed indent in the
location where f8 would be if the lens had adjustable aperature. With
your mount removed you'll see this coupling moves freely and tends to
not line up correctly with the indent when installing the mount to the
lens. I find that I sometimes have to rotate the coupling tab to connect
with the coupling indent on the lens after installing the mount (my only
nitpick about Tamron's otherwise excellent SP Adaptall2 lenses but they
have to be this way to allow use on multiple types of cameras). I am
guessing that what you did to get it working right was rotate the
coupling tab into the proper location without realizing it.

I also had one mount I bought used that had the inside aperature
coupling tab (the one that actually pushes against the aperature sense
lever inside the OM body) slightly bent so it didn't mate properly with
the camera's sensing lever...a slight "adjustment" to the mount and all
was well there too. HTH and look forwards to seeing what kind of results
you get from this lens.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com