Metric System (was Re: [OM] Wanted: base for focus rail or bellows)

Subject: Metric System (was Re: [OM] Wanted: base for focus rail or bellows)
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 10:06:45 -0700
Just about everything where there is an advantage to convert to metric either
has been converted or was always done that way (e.g. automobile manufacturing...

"Automobile manufacturing, always done metric?" You must be a youngster!

Tell the folks at NASA that, or is there no advantage to getting a $5 billion spacecraft on the surface of Mars in one piece?

(Favorite rant-n-rave: change the subject line, please! I thought you had some wonderful answer to my focus rail problem -- instead, you simply implied that I had no problem, since there was no "advantage" to having standard threads on everything... :-)

--
: Jan Steinman <mailto:Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
: Bytesmiths <http://www.bytesmiths.com>