Re: [OM] RE: OMs and "Point and Shooters"

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: OMs and "Point and Shooters"
From: RobBurn@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 15:00:42 EDT
In a message dated 9/22/00 12:10:21 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
mbachofen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Rob Burns wrote:
    "We enjoy personal rights and freedom of
 movement unsurpassed by any other nation in the world."

 This is simply untrue.  You have been raised in a country which constantly
 tells you this, and you believe it.  Patently absurd.  A Swedish citizen (as
 only one example) can travel to more countries without hassle than ANy U.S.
 citizen and can, certainly travel within his own country.

 m.bachofen >>

What makes you think this is untrue, the result of propagandizing, or
something I believe simply because I have been told that it was true? And by
whose definition or assessment is it "patently absurd?" That's a biased and
defensive statement. Sounds to me as though you have been told that so often
you think it is true.

I didn't say unequalled. I specifically said unsurpassed. While Swedish
citizens may more easily travel from country to country (within European
countries) they certainly do not enjoy *more* personal freedom or freedom of
movement within their own country than a citizen or a visitor does in the US.
I stand by my statement.

Robert