Re: [OM] OT Newbie needs help ( what else?)....

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Newbie needs help ( what else?)....
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 21:59:31 GMT
You can use the KEH site two ways to get a ballpark price on certain items: (1) their selling price; (2) their buying price. To get an idea of their buying price you must go through the steps to offer your gear for sale to them. There's no obligation to complete a transaction, and there are certain usage limitations since they don't want other dealers using their own software to compete against them.

Also, have you tried checking eBay prices for completed items of the same type you're selling? That's often the quickest and easiest. Also possibly the most realistic since you're considering selling on eBay. Here's why: A used Canon T70 typically sells for $150-$200 most places; on eBay the same camera rarely sells for more than $130. Since I have that camera if I want to sell I'd do better elsewhere.

B&H's used price list can't be viewed online. It's in Adobe PDF format which requires Adobe Acrobat Reader. But it's worth downloading because they list items not listed in their ads in Shutterbug or Pop Photo magazines.

Some other dealers' websites are getting better - Wall Street Camera, some others. Check print ads in the magazines for URLs.

Lex
===