[OM] RE: Freedom, politics

Subject: [OM] RE: Freedom, politics
From: "Matt Bachofen" <mbachofen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 17:31:20 -0500
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 14:03:49 -0400
From: Walt Wayman <HIWAYMAN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [OM] RE: OT batteries batteries batteries

m. bachofen says, "I _do_ own an SUV, and a liberal."

>>Does the liberal wash the SUV?  I thought slavery was still illegal.

>>There are two kinds of people in the world -- those who believe there are
>>two kinds of people, and those who don't.

>>Walt Wayman

No Walt.  That was, in fact, a typo.  It should have read ". . . and am a
liberal."

Just a good Texas Demcrat. :^)

M. Bachofen

Jan queried:
>>I'm wondering, Rob: have you ever worked and lived in a foreign
>>country?

I did not ask that question, although I should have.  Excellent.  American
ethnocentrism is so deeply ingrained in all walks of life in this country.
Yes.  The U.S. is, by law, a free society.  There are socio-economic factors
that limit freedom tremendously.  I was married at the age of 22 and was
gainfully employed.  My wife and I went on honeymoon.  We were unable to
rent an automobile solely because of our age.  We had Credit Cards and
Driver's License and insurance.  Wow, boy did we feel free.

M. Bachofen