Re: [OM] Benelux meeting - the whole story (long)

Subject: Re: [OM] Benelux meeting - the whole story (long)
From: Volkhart Baumgaertner <kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 02:47:58 +0200
Yo,

on Thu, 21 Sep 2000 21:18:58 -0500, Gary Edwards wrote:

>Volkhart, as would be expected, was on his motorcycle and couldn't handle
>anything big. We managed to stuff the 24 mm f/3.5 shift in his shoulder bag.
>He likes landscapes and it was a good fit.

Glad you made it back home safely!
As to the shift, I don't think its main use will be for landscapes - I find
a regular 24 better suited for that, and while the shift is an absolute
jewel I miss the auto-aperture I'm used to. It will come in handy for
shooting in the narrow streets of some of the old towns around here, though,
and that's where I plan on testing it extensively. Thanks again for making
this possible - this one would be extremely hard to find on the
comparatively small German used market, and if I had found one I doubt I
could have afforded it.

I enjoyed our meeting very much; we should by all means repeat something
like this in the not-too-far future.

MtFbwy,
Volkhart

--