[OM] Temptation was: Help with Aluminum Case !

Subject: [OM] Temptation was: Help with Aluminum Case !
From: Dr Peter Gilbert <peterg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 18:07:26 +1000
I've never seen this case in the US. I carried it around for an hour, then
put it back because I knew I'd be in Frankfurt at the end of my trip and
could pick it up there at the Herties downtown. DUMB..the Frankfurt Herties
didn't have it, in fact had a smaller photo department overall that the
Munich one! drat, drat, drat.

If any of you kow of a silmilar one, please advise. How old does one have to
become before we learn to GRAB IT AND RUN???? One of these days I'll get that
lesson down pat??? Hope, hope, hope?
Sad Sue
who should never take vacations as she never wants it to be over...

Susan,

we've all probably done this before!

I really like the little quote that was on one of Dirk Wright's posts. It goes something like

"The trouble with resisting temptation is that you never know when you'll get another chance!"

This is now my mantra when I'm faced with a camera/lens purchasing quandry that I'm sure we can all identify with. It usually seems to go something like

"Wow that's a nice xxxxxxxxx" (fill in the appropriate OM lens/body/accessory at xxxxxxxx)

"And it's a good price too"

"But I don't really need a (or another !!!) xxxxxxx "

"But it might be fun to use, and it's in good condition too"

"No, I really shouldn't...."

"Maybe I could use it for .........."

"No, I shouldn't...."

"But what if I never get another chance to get a xxxxxxx?"

Time to kick in the mantra - repeat it three times to yourself quickly and then hand over the plastic.........

I strongly suggest that after repeating the mantra to yourself, whatever you do DON"T think about the mortgage, the power bill or the cost of next semester's tuition fees......

:-))

peter