Re: [OM] RE: OMs and "Point and Shooters"

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: OMs and "Point and Shooters"
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 12:06:37 GMT
Costa Rica barely qualifies as a country. It's more of a multi-national corporate resort equivalent to the fabled Swiss bank account, with a handful of disparate hippie-era human rightists, ex-patriated American rebels who actually believe the CIA and FBI were interesting in them and ecumenical survivalists who revel in the idea of living out the end times in a foreign land, only not TOO foreign, please, and without the internecine bickering 'cause these types of activists don't like bullets and RPGs whizzing overhead. The UN ought to move there. Not that I object to them on US soil, I just think they'd be more at home in Costa Rica.

Lex
===

From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 18:30:51 +1100

I believe that Costa Rica manages without even an army - at least Jose
Ramos Horta was promoting their system as a model for East Timor last time
I saw him speak.