Re: [OM] front converters (was A-200 teleconverter)

Subject: Re: [OM] front converters (was A-200 teleconverter)
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 12:12:33 GMT
Yeh, I like cheap and oddball optical goodies. I think the semi-fisheye adaptor I've got is a 0.42x. I've gutted a misbehaving generic zoom to cannibalize it for interesting lens parts, just to see what happens. And if I can't think of anything interesting projects I'll just shoot it with my big bad American patriot militia gun until it sees things my way.

Lex
===

From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 19:14:32 +1100

Thanks Lex. I like the mini-Flat Iron! I'm experimenting with a few
borrowed from a friendly dealer's used oddment box. A Kenlock Ultra Wide
Macro 0.6X looks promising - didn't give me fisheye when mounted on my
21/3.5 - circular image but not enough distortion, too well corrected.
Damn! Seems to give a good 30mm image on a 50/1.8 so it could be handy.
Huge, but. 72mm filter mount to pull in the light. (series 7 back mount)
The sort of thing that impresses the gullible.
Strikes me that a tele of equivalent strength (i.e. 1.6X) could convert a
50mm into a soft portrait lens. Some interesting possibilities in all this!
Andrew