Re: [OM] Re Infrared images

Subject: Re: [OM] Re Infrared images
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 19:11:12 -0700
I would like to make photographs of a house showing the glass in the windows
glowing red from the escaping radiant energy of the heat in the house.

This is not something you can do with standard 35mm technology. So-called "infrared film" is really only sensitive to what is called near-infrared, which would be many hundreds of degrees hot.

To do what you want requires electronic detectors that are cooled. To my knowledge, no photochemical solution exists for thermal IR with only a 10-20 degree C temperature differential.

--
: Jan Steinman <mailto:Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
: Bytesmiths <http://www.bytesmiths.com>