Re: [OM] Valuable photos

Subject: Re: [OM] Valuable photos
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 22:33:34 -0600
On 23 Sep 2000, at 20:21, John A. Lind wrote:

> Egad, I had to take a tour back through the ADITL, TOPE and OM galleries
> afterward just to regain my balance and perspective about fine art
> photography.  I'm very curious how many prints they sell.

I have to confess that I only took a very quick look at the site, but wasn't
really impressed with what I saw.  (They look too much like MY photos!)
<Grin!>

> I need to start making 11x14/16 Ilfochrome prints, mount them in 16x20
> frames with mats, sell them for half those prices, and then retire.

As we all know, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  I don't know if you
could retire, but I'm willing to bet you could take what you consider to
be your worst photos, blow them up and mount them, put them out for
sale, and SOMEONE would "ooooh!" and "aaaah!" over them and buy
them!

Yup!  P.T. Barnam was right!

Chris