Re: [OM] Re: Tamron Adaptall 2

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Tamron Adaptall 2
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 16:31:00 -0500
I've owned both the Tamron and the Zuiko.  The Tamron is a little longer,
but I'll bet the weight isn't all that different. Both excellent lens.

Tom

Having recently bought an Olympus OM4 I contacted Tamron U.K. regarding lens
mounts and was given the following information regarding lens mounts for
Olympus cameras.
If you look at the rear of the Tamron mount -on the inner ring..........

OM................suitable for all Olympus cameras up to OM2sp

OL.................suitable for all Olympus cameras including OM4 and OM4ti

The OL mount has the fourth screwhole repositioned to make sure that it does
not foul the black nylon reset pin on the camera lens mount ring.

I use this mount on my Tamron sp 90MM f2.5 lens. This lens is superb, and
affordable! If only it was as small as the Olympus 90mm f2........and if
only the Olympus was as affordable as the Tamron! Still I can dream!
                                                regards,
                                                               John D.