Re: [OM] Film Scanners (was Dead Horses...)

Subject: Re: [OM] Film Scanners (was Dead Horses...)
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 17:33:33 -0600
At 12:30 PM 9/24/2000 -0500, Tom Scales, regarding the scanning software that
comes with the Polaroid Sprintscan 4000, wrote:

>I never use the software that came with it (although I understand the
>current version is more stable).  I spent a whopping $40 on Vuescan
>(www.hamrick.org).  Great stuff.

It's interesting how people's experiences differ.  The only *stable* version
(for me) of the s/w that came with the Sprintscan was version 3.5.  Every more
recent version has been a pure freak-out on several different machines around
my home office.  4.0 was particularly bad.

Oh well, s'pose it's time to try downloading whatever version number Polaroid's
up to now, and try again...

Garth