Re: [OM] Wanted: base for focus rail or bellows

Subject: Re: [OM] Wanted: base for focus rail or bellows
From: Volkhart Baumgaertner <kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 02:13:16 +0200
Yo,

on Sun, 24 Sep 2000 19:22:01 -0500, Dirk and Carla Wright wrote:

>>and fixtures; in fact, all their plumbing stuff was metric. What's strange
>>about this is that plumbing supplies are just about the only thing over
>here
>>in Germany (don't know how it is in other European countries) for which the
>>antique measures are still used exclusively.
>
>We do this on purpose to keep you krauts confused....<ggg>

Hey, I'm not as easy to confuse as seeing the apes that are vainly trying to
be our government on the TV news may make you think. ;-)

>Dirk Wright, (of fine German heritage, somehow with an English name, go
>figure!)

Well, Dirk looks like a ge-nooo-wine German name to me. One guy in the gang
I ride with goes by the very same one, though you probably pronounce it
differently. In German, the "i" in the name is pronounced about like the one
in the word "bit".

MtFbwy,
Volkhart

--